The Kettle Moraine Glacier girls hockey team, a co-op that features skaters from Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha schools and others, dropped a 5-4 heartbreaker in quadruple overtime at the WIAA girls state hockey tournament in Madison on Friday.
The third-year program, appearing in its first state tournament, rallied from a three-goal deficit in the third period to force the extra session. Morgan Hollowell scored a pair of unassisted goals to knot the score, with the last coming with 5:45 left to play.
Jeralyse Tylke of KM also scored in the final period, and Jessica Foley scored in the second to give the Glacier a 1-0 lead, but Onalaska answered 25 seconds later to tie the score. KM never led again.
Jenna Bales made 50 saves, including 13 in a blitz of a second overtime, and finished one shy of the state tournament record. Theresa Knutson, the state's leading scorer, put in the game-winner in the fourth OT with 2:17 left on the clock.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine