Senior Anna Liewen and Carly Sobrilsky drilled home runs, but Brookfield Central couldn't handle West Allis Hale, dropping a 7-4 decision April 3 at Hale.
The defending Greater Metro Conference co-champions with Menomonee Falls jumped out to a 3-0 first inning lead. Central countered with a run in the second, but the Huskies added two more in the second for a 5-1 lead.
But like in their first game, the Lancers battled back, scoring twice in the third to cut the lead to 5-3. But the Huskies added two more in the fourth inning and that was too much for Central to overcome.
Winning pitcher Sarah Mueller helped herself at the plate, as she singled, homered and drove in four runs for the Huskies and Jenny Schmidt singled and doubled and drove in two runs.
Central's Laura Hauser scattered eight hits in the loss.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine