Brookfield East baseball coach Bill Woodring and his coaching staff will hold tryouts for the newly-formed Spartan Youth Baseball Association, Inc. for grades two through eight.
There are three tryout dates and a player only needs to attend one.
The tryouts are July 25, July 28 and Aug. 11 at Brookfield East High School.
The times for the first two sessions are 5 to 7 p.m. July 25 and 10 a.m. to noon July 28. The times for the Aug. 11 tryout is 10 to noon, also at Brookfield East.
The SYBA program is a developmental select feeder baseball program to Brookfield East High School baseball.
The SYBA program includes coaches and players selected, evaluated and trained under the direction and leadership of Woodring and his coaching staff.
The Junior Spartan players will have access to Brookfield East High School baseball facilities and players will compete within their own grade from May 1 through mid-July.
The majority of league games and tournaments are held locally.
There will be 30 games for grades two through four and 50 to 60 games for grades five to eight. There will be a time commitment per week - a total of four days between practice and/or games.
There will be spring, winter and/or fall camps/clinics available for all Junior Spartans, directed by Woodring's baseball staff.
The $400 to $500 registration fee will include uniforms, league play and tournament play.
For more information visit the Junior Spartans' website at juniorspartanbaseball.com.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine