Brookfield Academy will host a dinner and celebration on Sept.29, honoring the inaugural class of inductees into the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame.
According to Larry Pesch, Director of Development, “Brookfield Academy’s Athletic Hall of Fame is a new tradition, one that is tied to the Academy’s year-long 50th anniversary celebration. Inductees are alumni and coaches of Brookfield Academy who have been selected on the basis of their athletic achievements, exemplary character and contribution to team success.”
Alumnus Howie Pryor '71, a member of the 1970 Football Team being inducted into the Hall of Fame, will act as Master of Ceremonies for the event.
Brookfield Academy is proud to announce the inaugural class of inductees into the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame:
Individual Athletes: Karen Lumb '80, Patrick Simmons '81, Mary Schlick '83 Peveto, Amy Malik '88, Jacob Dehne '95, Frank Fierek, Jr. '97, Jennifer Warmington '02 Box, Sally Thurner '04, Tim Prudlow '04.
Coaches: Dr. Robert Solsrud (head of school) and Ms. Gloria Renkert (assistant head of the high school).
Teams: 1970 Football Team, 1987 Girls Tennis Team, 1988 Field Hockey Team, 1996 Girls Basketball Team, 1997 Boys Basketball Team, and the 2005 Boys Cross Country Team
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine