Coach Kim Leupold was happy with her Brookfield East girls cross country this season.
The Spartans finished in fourth place in the sectionals, qualifying freshmen twin sisters Rachel Werking and Sarah Werking for the state meet.
Rachel Werking then finished fifth at state and was first-team All-Area. Sarah Werking finished 49th and was named honorable mention All-Area.
The Spartans had a good season, finishing second in the Greater Metro Conference.
Both Werkings were first-team all-conference selections, while Natalie Gehred was second team and Lisa Browne third team.
Leupold will lose 14 seniors from the program: Molly Neimi, Brittany Allen, Shannon Cashin, Hayley Taylor, Julie Fuerbringer, Jocelyn Yaegger, Christine Pelto, Katie Schwarz, Emma Sudar, Kaitlyn Bisping, Jasmine Miller, Lauren Hill, Maria Gehred and Natalie Gehred.
Leupold's JV team also did well, taking first place in the GMC.
"We had a great season with wonderful returning senior leadership," Leupold said, "along with a very strong freshman class."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine