Brookfield Academy's boys basketball has been ranked fifth in the Division 4 preseason polls and all you have to do is look at the Blue Knights backcourt to understand why.
Senior Domonique Criss (18.3 points per game) and junior Sean Clarey (20.1 ppg) form one of the best backcourts in the state according to coach Patrick Clarey.
Sean Clarey was a unanimous first-team All-Conference selection and Criss was a second-team selection. Sean Clarey is receiving interest from Division I schools such as North Dakota State, Lehigh, South Dakota State and Lafayette. Criss is receiving strong interest from UW-Eau Claire, Beloit, Loras College, Lakeland and Madison Edgewood.
The two of them led BA to a WIAA Regional Championship last season as well as a third-place finish in the Midwest Classic Conference.
They are joined by 6-foot-2-inch senior Jake Kolasinski and 5-11 senior Forah Bangura.
"Both are expected to play quality minutes for us this year," Clarey said. "Jake will provide some much needed size inside and Forah will be one of the guys expected to push the ball."
Juniors David Gramling (5-9) and Nate Stolte (6-2) are back and have varsity experience.
"David will play the point guard spot and Nate can play inside and out," Clarey said.
Two newcomers to the program are Ryan Clarey (6-0) and Joe Lemon (6-5) as both played on Joel Pryzbilla's AAU team that finished third in the FAB 48 tournament in Las Vegas in July.
Ryan Clarey led St. Dominic's to a win over St. Catherine's in the championship game of the 2012 Padre Serra Tournament where he was awarded MVP honors. Both Ryan Clarey and Lemon should see significant minutes.
BA will play a tough non-conference schedule against D2 ranked teams (Wisconsin Lutheran, New Berlin Eisenhower) and they travel to Racine Lutheran in January to face the 2011-12 Division 5 state runners-up.
They are the favorites to win the Midwest Classic Conference with strong challenges from Milwaukee Messmer, USM and Lake Country Lutheran.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine