The Brookfield Barracuda dropped their season opener, 117-66, at Muskego on Nov. 29, but they broke a 12-year-old pool record in the process.
Brian Borden, Joe Bauer, Mitch Douglas and Connor Rumpit broke the pool record in the 200-yard freestyle in 1 minute, 32.07 seconds.
"We were no match for their strength," Barracuda coach William Twitchell said of the Warriors.
The Barracuda had one other winner besides the 200 free. Borden captured the 100 backstroke in 56.8 seconds.
Twitchell has three state qualifiers returning from last season - Borden, a junior, and seniors Douglas and Bauer.
"We look to be in a rebuilding year," Twitchell said. "We lost a strong senior class last year. I have six freshmen on the team and time will tell if any of them have what it takes to contribute on the varsity level."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine