Oak Creek's Hayden Krimmer outdueled Brookfield East's Ryan Rouse and the Knights nipped the Spartans, 4-2, Wednesday afternoon at the Greater Metro Conference Tournament at Brookfield Central.
The fourth-seeded Spartans trailed the entire game, as the top-seeded Knights took a 1-0 lead in the first and added three more runs in the second before Rouse shut them down the final four innings.
Krimmer, perhaps the top pitcher in the area, allowed five hits, two walks and fanned eight. He also had two RBIs. Dakota Sloan had two hits, the only batter on either team with more than one hit.
Nick Kanavas had an RBI fielder's choice in the third and Dustin Brah had an RBI single in the fourth for the Spartans runs.
Rouse pitched six innings, allowing six hits, four runs, two earned runs and walking five and fanning five.
After taking tomorrow off, the Spartans play Marquette on Friday at 2 p.m.
Oak Creek meets second-seeded Franklin at 4:30 p.m. for the title.
Brookfield Central faces Tosa East at 11:30 a.m.
All the games are at Brookfield Central.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine