East finished seventh at the 21-team Greendale Panther Invitational on May 2 closing out a solid week.
Troy Henning and Chris Vitale led the way, each shooting an 82. Right behind them were Jacob Taylor (83), Jude Shafer (84) and Lucas Moyer (91).
"I was happy to see Jude and Jacob play well," said coach Chris Minchk. "They are really close to posting a round in the 70s. As the greens keep getting better, we'll start to make a few more putts during our rounds.
"Troy and Chris keep battling, but they're giving away too many shots around the greens. Once they start making adjustments around the greens, they'll start to score."
'Best Ball' Invite
At the 24-team Brookfield Central 'Best Ball' Invitational on April 30 at Wanaki Golf Course, the Spartans finished 13th with a 338 total.
Henning (83), Vitale (84), Taylor (85), Moyer (99) and Shafer (86) were the East golfers.
"Jude and Jacob have come a long way from the beginning of the season, and they still have quite a bit of room for improvement," Minchk said. "Ball striking is improving, but we still need to shore up our play around the greens. We're giving away too many shots around the green with poor chips or too many three putts. That'll be our focus going forward.
"Troy and Chris are really close to breaking out. They're both talented enough to shoot in the 70s at Wanaki. They'll have a couple more opportunities at Wanaki to prove it to themselves."
East finished fourth April 28 in the first Greater Metro Conference mini-meet at Blue Mound Golf Course and Country Club, shooting a 174.
Central and MUHS tied for first (151), with the Lancers earning the win with the tiebreaker. Hamilton took third (154). Menomonee Falls (176), Tosa (176), West Allis Hale (179) and West Allis Central (200) rounded out the scoring.
Shafer had a 41 followed by Henning (43), Moyer (44), Vitale (46) and Taylor (47).
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine