Brookfield Central dropped a 4-2 decision to Sussex Hamilton today and Brookfield East beat West Allis Hale, 6-4, and both teams will finish up tomorrow in the Greater Metro Conference's third and final day.
The Spartans, who are 2-0 in two 7:30 am games this week, will meet Oak Creek (1-1) at 10 am. The Lancers (1-1) will face the loser of today's semi-final game between MUHS and Menomonee Falls.
Sophomore Jake Smith and junior Alex McGuire stopped Hale, 6-2, holding the Huskies to seven hits, three by Mials McMurray. McGuire came on in the sixth and worked 1 2/3 shutout innings.
Junior Andrew Holmes smashed a two-run single and scored on the shortstop's error as East scored three runs in the fourth.
In the seventh, East added three runs after Hale cut the score to 3-2. Senior Brad Carstens had a sacrifice fly and then sophomore Zach Breider ripped a two-run single.
Central's offense continues to limp along, as the Lancers dropped a 4-2 decision to Tony Gammon and the Chargers. Central now has averaged two runs in their two GMC Tourney games.
Hamilton scored three unearned runs in the fourth inning as shortstop Riley Richarz made an error on a routine grounder with two outs and two runners on base, opening the door for the Chargers. One run scored on the error and two more scored on a two-run single by senior Trent Metzger.
In the 7th, Central loaded the bases with no outs and scored when Matt Ausloos was hit by a pitch. Richarz then ripped a shot headed for left field, but 3B Mitch Hlava backhanded the ball before it hit the ground and tagged third to double off the runner. Jonathan Keane then flew out to right to end the game.
Central has dropped four of five games as their offense has disappeared.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine