Brookfield East golfers returning four starters
Galang is Spartans all-conference performer
Brookfield East girls golf coach Chris Minchk will return four starters this season, led by Nina Galang, a first-team All-Greater Metro Conference performer.
Maddie McCann, Patty Altenbach and Claire Denton are returning from last season, while newcomers include Carly Wahlen, Sarah Drozdowicz and Emily Gaskell.
"We are returning four starters from last year's team that placed second in the Greater Metro Conference (three seniors and one junior)," Minchk said. "I'm excited about the experience that we are returning, but we can't get complacent with our games. We need to continue to work and get better each day."
Minchk is looking forward to watching Galang this season.
"Nina is ready for a great season," he said. "She's put in the time over the winter/summer to take her game to the next level. She's going to turn some heads this year with her play."
East finished third with a 380 at the Watertown Invitational on Aug. 15. Galang shot an 83 and finished fourth, and McCann shot a 92 and finished eighth. Altenbach had a 97, Denton had a 108 and Whalen finished with a 120.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine