Junior Sarah Werking, following two years of top place finishes at conference, sectionals and state meet appearances, returns to lead the 2014 Spartans.
"As a varsity team, we will look to her leadership and consistent performances," coach Kim Leupold said.
Leupold will have talented returnees including juniors Molly Perkins, Alex Sinson and Lisa Browne.
New to the team last year from Las Vegas was junior Elizabeth Noel who patiently rehabilitated a hip injury and is now back and will be a strong varsity contender in the front of the pack.
"Elizabeth will be stepping up and leading us this season," Leupold said. "We are lucky to have sophomore Madison Lecher running well. She came on strong last season to make a difference to our varsity team and will do so again."
As for freshmen, keep an eye on Emily Breider and Christine Brankle as they race and make a varsity debut at the PT Timing Meet at Arrowhead. There will also be plenty to watch with Ellen Bruhn and Maddie Fitzpatrick returning with varsity experience as well.
The Lady Spartans will take the line with a team roster of 47 runners.
"We have a very special tight-knit group of amazing young women," Leupold said. "I'm excited to see the potential of this group all come together this season."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine