The Brookfield East baseball team's storybook season came to a nightmarish end Tuesday evening as they lost a WIAA sectional final to Arrowhead, 10-0, in Germantown.
In a game that was shortened to six innings because of the 10-run rule, Arrowhead scored one run in third, two runs in fourth and three in fifth to take a 6-0 lead.
The Warhawks then closed out the game with four runs in the sixth inning, as East failed to get a batter out before the game was called.
The loss came hours after East defeated crosstown rival Brookfield Central in the sectional semifinal.
"I think we were really drained after winning the semifinal," said East coach Tim Granger. "We really played hard, but I think we left it all on the field and we were emotionally spent."
Jake Janowski pitched four innings for East and gave up three runs. Brian Sylla relieved him and allowed three runs in the fifth and four in the sixth to close out the game.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine