Brookfield Central defeated Sussex Hamilton, 64-51, at Sussex Thursday night behind senior guard Alex Diciaula's career high 30 points.
The Lancers led 26-19 at half-time, as Diciaula had 11 first-half points, including nine in the second quarter. Central then expanded its lead to 43-32 after three quarters, as Diciaula scored 11 of his team's 17 points in the quarter. He then closed out the game with an eight-point final period. He hit 10-fo-13 shots from the field.
Nevan Lewis came off the bench and hit 6-of-7 shots and scored 13 points and Seth Mortag, who was starting his second straight game, added 10 points. Point guard Alex Olson didn't score a point, but played outstanding defense and was praised by Central coach Mark Adams afterward.
Brian Krohn had 18 points for the Chargers, but the Lancers held Brett Meinecke to nine points, as no other Hamilton player reached double figures.
Hamilton dropped to 7-4, 11-7 overall and Central improved to 5-6 and 9-9 overall.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine