Brian Borden and Mitch Douglas led the Brookfield Barracudas to a runaway victory in the Bob White Invitational on Saturday at Wauwatosa West.
Brookfield rolled up a large margin of victory (128.5 points), easily winning the 10-team invite with 476 points over Waukesha North/Kettle Moraine (347.5).
"The Bob White signals the beginning of the championship season," veteran Brookfield coach William Twitchell said. "It is one of the few remaining 36-entry meets, which traditionally is the best test of team strength. We had fun flexing our team depth."
Borden won the 200-yard individual medley in 2 minutes, 1.30 seconds, Douglas won the 50 freestyle (22.94) and each teamed up with the winning 200 free relay (1:31.80) and the 400 free relay (3:25.57) along with Dean Zheng and Joe Bauer.
Borden also took second in the breaststroke (1:02.08) while Bauer was second in the 50 free (22.94) and fourth in the 100 free (51.71).
Connor Rumpit was third in the 100 butterfly (58.39) and Michael Flatley was third in the 500 free (5:10.17) and fifth in the 200 IM (2:09.85).
Tyler Patt was fourth in the 100 breast (1:05.75) and seventh in the 200 IM (2:11.40) and Daniel Lee was fifth in the 100 breast (1:09.07).
Three sixth-place performers were Zheng in the 200 free (1:56.27) and Jeffrey Teng in the 100 breast (1:10.76) and the 200 medley relay of Tomer Korabelnikov, Patt, Collin Steen and Rumpit (1:51.56).
Douglas in the 100 free (52.42) and John Heal in 1-meter diving (272) finished seventh and Zheng in the 100 free (52.71) and Korabelnikov in the 100 backstroke (1:02.29) took eighth.
Rounding out the Top-10 was Steen in the 100 fly (1:01.66).
Brookfield won 129-47 over West Allis in a Greater Metro Conference dual meet Jan. 24.
The 200 medley relay of Bauer, Teng, Zheng and Peter Jing (1:49.20), the 200 free relay of Korabelnikov, Douglas, Reinhold Hoffman and Flatley (1:37.66) and the 400 free relay of Douglas, Korabelnikov, Zheng and Jing (3:36.37) were all winners.
Individual winners for the Barracudas were Zheng in the 200 free (1:59.73), Patt in the 200 IM (2:11.03), Douglas in the 50 free (22.25), Korabelnikov in the 100 fly (1:01.68), Bauer in the 100 free (50.20), Borden in 500 free (5:06.46), Teng in the 100 breast (1:11.05) and Mark Horvatin in 100 back (1:08.76).
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine