First-year Brookfield East girls basketball coach Mike Goodman is looking to "turn a new page" with his first team.
Goodman, who replaces Kelly Lam, takes over a team that was 0-14 in the Greater Metro Conference and 3-20 overall. They have a conference losing streak of 15, last winning on Feb. 24, 2011, 53-50, at West Allis Hale.
"I am just looking forward to the season," Goodman said. "Hopefully the girls are willing to turn a new page into this year's basketball season and are ready for a change."
Returning will be seniors Emily Utic, Lauren Kennedy, Hanna Zimmerman and Rachel Nelson, juniors Christy Johnson and Adriana Gibbs and sophomore Kellie Goodman.
Although it is still early, two freshmen, Mariah Miller and Angela Pichler, could be considered promising newcomers.
Goodman, the former head coach at Mondovi, also said some of the girls who are coming up from the JV team have a chance to be part of the varsity squad.
These include sophomores Natasha Plavsic and Sadie Spahn and junior Sam Van Rens.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine