The Brookfield Stars traveled to Sheboygan for an early season tournament and took fifth place out of eight teams.
Brookfield defeated Fox Cities, 3-1, before falling by 6-0 counts to both St. Mary's (Mich.) and Antigo.
The Stars scored twice in the third period to cap their second come-from-behind win of the season against Fox Cities. Two of the three goals came on the power play.
St. Mary's is a prep school ranked in the top five of Michigan, and that program went on to dominate its way to the tournament title.
"The weekend was a true learning experience for our boys," coach Matthew Shapiro said. "We're a young team that played like a young team. The boys worked hard and our efforts were consistent throughout all three games. Many of our younger players are beginning to adjust to the varsity level and you can see them getting better each game. Our guys understand what we're trying to accomplish this year and we know it won't happen overnight. We have a great group of kids who will continue to get stronger each time we step on the ice."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine