The Brookfield Bulldogs continued their Land O' Lakes Western Division playoff run with an 8-6 victory over the Menomonee Falls Lakers on Sunday.
The Bulldogs had moved into the top seed in the division standings when West Bend had to forfeit two games because of the use of an ineligible player. Falls, the fourth seed, had advanced by winning its first-round contest on Saturday.
West Bend and Pewaukee played on Sunday, with the result not available by press time for this issue. Brookfield will meet the winner of that game on the road this Saturday, and if necessary, those teams will clash again at 1 p.m. Sunday at McCoy Field.
The winner there claims the Western Division championship and will head to the Grand Championship playoffs, which begin on Aug. 25.
The Bulldogs are defending the Grand Championship crown from last season, when they topped Cedarburg in the final game. Cedarburg is back in the Grand Championship as well, having gone unbeaten in the Northern Division.
- John Rech
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine