The Brookfield Bulldogs routed Hartland, 18-1, in a Land O' Lakes Western Division game on Sunday.
The Bulldogs rapped out 18 hits, led by four from Mike Mierow, three by Mike Jacobs and K.C. Pinsoneault and two apiece from Kris Franzen, Scott Booth and Nick Kanavas.
Booth lined a home run and drove in five runs, while Jacobs brought in four runs and Pinsoneault three runs for Brookfield.
Greg Basthemer worked the first five innings, allowing just two hits and one walk while striking out five. Josh Lemke finished the final two frames, surrendering no hits and fanning two.
The Bulldogs made short work of Hartland, racking up eight runs in the second and fourth innings to take a 17-0 lead.
Brookfield finishes 14-4 for the regular season in the West Division, tied with the West Bend 7-Ups. West Bend holds the top seed in the upcoming division playoffs, while Brookfield is second.
The Bulldogs will face either third seed Pewaukee or sixth seed Sussex at 1 p.m. Aug. 12 at McCoy Field in their first playoff game.
- John Rech
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine