March is Brain Injury Awareness Month and to help bring attention to this "silent epidemic," the Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin will be launching its new Statewide Health Initiative on Concussion Education & Prevention: Play Smart WI.
The Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin (BIAW) invites all youth athletes, parents, coaches, athletic trainers, physicians, and anyone else interested in learning more about concussion and the impact it has on young athletes to attend this informational event on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.
The event will be held at Waukesha South High School Auditorium, 401 E. Roberta Ave, Waukesha from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. BIAW will launch the Play Smart WI Campaign, student athletes will share their stories of how their lives have been impacted by concussion and Dr. Michael McCrea, of ProHealth Care Neuroscience Center and a nationally known expert in the field of sports concussion, will present on the importance of recognizing the symptoms and responding appropriately when concussion occurs.
Attending the Kickoff will be Milwaukee Wave players Captain Josh Rife #4 and Evan McNeley #20.
Please contact the BIAW office at 262-790-9660 with any questions.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6