The New Berlin Community Band will be opening their 2011-2012 concert season with a delightful mix of overtures, marches and movie soundtracks. “Overture to Candide,” a Bernstein favorite, is a fast-paced, vigorous selection with interesting woodwind features. The band will also be featuring, “Sequoia,” a tone-poem, which is a rarity in concert band programming. It is a favorite of guest conductor, Peter Roth. “Trumpeter’s Lullaby” is a short composition with a soft melodic line and will feature Brian Lemanczyk as soloist. And last but not least, the kids will love humming along to “Disney at the Oscars” and “Music from The Incredibles.” Don’t miss this opportunity to treat your family to a night of relaxation and quality music. New Berlin Community Band’s Friday, November 4th concert will be held at the Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd., at 7:30 p.m.
The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Mr. Jay Huenink, is composed of over 30 talented musicians from every walk of life. The non-profit organization performs 4 free public concerts per year, in addition to various civic ceremonies and parades for the community. They rehearse Monday evenings, 7 – 8:30 p.m. at VFW Post 5716 in New Berlin. Experienced adult musicians are welcome to join this community organization. Express your interest by contacting email@example.com or by attending a rehearsal. No auditions are necessary.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6