“America’s Gun Violelnce Epidemic” is the topic for discussion on Wednesday, March 14, at a meeting of American Association of University Women – West Suburban Milwaukee branch. The speaker is documentary film maker Janet Fitch, who has won awards for her documentary series, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America.”
The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will be held in the Community Room at the Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road, Elm Grove.
Fitch said that her purpose in creating the documentary, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America,” is to frame the debate as a public health issue, with the focus on prevention. She examines the issue from all perspectives -- urban, suburban, small town and rural communities -- in an effort to find solutions for prevention of all kinds of gun violence – from accidental shootings and domestic violence to suicide, homicide, and mass shootings.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6