OCONOMOWOC, Wis. – In October, ORBIS Corporation, North America’s leading manufacturer of sustainable reusable packaging and an expert in supply chain optimization, held an annual food drive at its Oconomowoc headquarters.
“Race Against Hunger” kicked off Oct. 1 – employee teams compete with each other to collect the most food items to encourage participation across the organization and drive food donation numbers for the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Jefferson and Watertown food pantries.
As part of “Race Against Hunger,” on Oct. 9, members of ORBIS’ Executive Leadership team raced each other, dressed as the Klement’s Racing Sausages. The event also included a fundraising lunch for local businesses.
Throughout the month of October, employees will hold additional fundraisers, including raffles and a silent auction for custom gift baskets, which includes many donated items from local businesses.
With more than 110 employees at its headquarters, ORBIS has held this food drive for three years, helping families throughout Waukesha, Jefferson and Dodge counties. In addition, as part of its Community Giving program, ORBIS makes financial donations to many local charities, including AngelsGrace Hospice, Retzer Nature Center and the Waukesha Literacy Council throughout the year. ORBIS has nearly 1,800 employees in North America, Europe and China.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6