The Miller-Davidson House at Old Falls Village will be festively-decorated in a Currier and Ives theme for the holidays and open for visitors on Sunday, December 2 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. for the annual Silver Tea. The Menomonee Falls Historical Society will offer free admission, parking and refreshments for this event. Donations are gratefully accepted. A Christmas Cookie Bake Sale will be held in the Public House with a limited supply of cookies sold in Currier and Ives tins and plates. Mrs. Santa will pay a visit and read stories to the children.
Tour this lovely, restored home which was once the summer home of Emma Davidson of Harley-Davidson. Ladies, gentlemen and children will enjoy tea, coffee and homemade Christmas cookies as they savor the sights and smells of days gone by. The home will be decorated by the Menomonee Falls Garden Club and supported by Bank of Memories & Flowers and Shady Lane Greenhouse.
The Miller-Davidson house anchors the 22 acre historical park at Old Falls Village. Built in 1858 in the Greek Revival style popular at the time, the house is built of locally quarried limestone with mortar lime coming from the lime kilns. The Miller-Davidson House, original to the site, is special in many ways beginning with an unusual arched foundation. In 1935 it was selected by the Federal Government's Historic American Building Survey. And in 1973 the National Register of Historic Places listed this beautiful early American farm home among those to be preserved for future generations. The house has not been restored to its original state but is presented as a house improved as lifestyles improved. It now houses an eclectic decorative arts collection.
Old Falls Village is located at the corner of Hwy. Q and Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls. See www.oldfallsvillage.com for more information.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6