BROOKFIELD, Wis. – North Shore Bank today announced that it will host the fourth annual Race for the Hungry event at its El Rey supermarket branch at 1320 W. Burnham St in Milwaukee. Race for the Hungry is a fun way for the community to help support local food pantries and win free groceries.
The in-store branch will select two entrants to race through the supermarket aisles to fill the local food pantry’s wish list. The winner will receive a $100 grocery gift card and the runner-up will receive a $50 card. The food collected during the race will be donated by the bank to the pantry.
The branch will also accept donations of non-perishable food items for the Milwaukee Christian Center pantry throughout December.
“North Shore Bank is proud to host the fourth annual Race for the Hungry,” said Janet Dexter, district manager for the bank. “In the spirit of the holiday season, this event helps the community give back to local food pantries and families in need. We encourage everyone to get involved, whether by dashing up and down supermarket aisles or donating non-perishable food items.”
People can enter to Race for the Hungry through Dec. 16 at North Shore Bank’s El Rey Foodmart branch. The race between the two selected finalists will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 27. All items collected during the race will feed local families in need.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of nearly $1.8 billion and more than 45 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. Wisconsin branch locations are in metro Milwaukee, Ozaukee County, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove, Muskego, and Door County. Locate a North Shore Bank office. You can also follow North Shore Bank on Facebook and Twitter.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6