Pastor Kathleen Rinear of Brookfield Congregational Church (BCC) presented a check for $2,365 to Betsy Ellis, President of the Board – Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County. Habitat was one of four agencies that benefited from BCC’s Advent and Christmas alternative giving program called, “Festival of Missions Giving.”
“We asked our people to redirect a portion of their Christmas giving to touch the lives of others,” Rev. Rinear explained. Guest House of Milwaukee, an outreach program for homeless men, and The Women’s Center of Waukesha were also recipients of the program. A fourth organization, The Northwestern chapter of the Global Architecture Brigades also received funds to help build a medical facility in remote Honduras.
Frank D. Cummins, son of Dr. Frank and Marilyn Cummins of Brookfield, is president of the Northwestern Chapter. “The people we are helping have to hitchhike for over 120 miles to obtain health and dental care,” Cummins reported.
An introduction to the Festival, "When Hope Comes," along with presentations by the four agencies are posted on BCCs YouTube channel which can be reached though the church web site at www.brookcc.org
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6