Actress Jessica Michna, who is widely known for her portrayals of historically important women, will appear as Helen Keller at a meeting of the American Association of University Women in Elm Grove on Wednesday, March 13.
Ms. Michna's portrayal of Helen Keller will give insights into her struggles and triumphs, unable to hear or see. March is Women's History Month; Helen Keller's historical contribution includes her involvement in social and political issues of the day, including women's suffrage and pacifism.
Ms. Michna holds a degree in psychology from UW; she combines her interest in history and acting through her portrayals of historic women, including Mary Todd Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Dolly Madison, among others.
The program will be held in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse following a 7:30 business meeting. The American Association of University Women is open to those with bachelor's and associates degrees. The organization promotes gender equity and supports a variety of educational endeavors, including scholarships.
For more information, call Sharon at 414-964-9287.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6