The Arboretum senior community is hosting a free educational seminar entitled, "The Gift and Challenge of Being a Caregiver." Over 65 million people in the United States are caregivers. Are you one of them?
Being a caregiver can be the most rewarding and most challenging role you have ever had. Join us as our speaker, Adele Lund of the Laureate Group helps us to ponder:
• What should we “reasonably” expect from someone who is a caregiver?
• What keeps a caregiver from asking for help?
• When it comes to caring for someone with memory loss . . . Why is it that we are reluctant to make decisions on their behalf?
• What causes you to become overwhelmed?
And then there's the "guilt". This program will help you gain some understanding, validation, and to put it all in perspective.
The program will be held on Tuesday, November 5th from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at The Arboretum, W180 N7890 Town Hall Road in Menomonee Falls. A light supper and tours of The Arboretum will be available. Please RSVP to 262-253-0909 by October 29th if interested in attending.
The Arboretum is a Laureate Group senior community and offers independent and assisted living apartments as well as compassionate Alzheimer’s/dementia care. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6