On January 10, Tucker came in to read with the first graders in Mrs. Thomas’s class at St. Dominic Catholic School. Tucker is part of a service program entitled “Read to Rover”. As the students learn about service and what it means to be of service to others, Tucker helped them see that all of God’s creation is involved in service. We all have gifts to offer, even our four legged furry friends.
Read to Rover is a national program, which uses trained therapy dogs to listen to children read. It provides a safe, non-threatening environment for children to read without the stress of being “corrected” by a well intentioned human. Tucker was accompanied by his owner, Kaitly, Mrs. Thomas’s daughter who is studying to be a veterinarian. Tucker also helps out a the Brookfield Library in the summer as part of the Read to Rover program.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6