Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County will team up with the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc. and the association’s annual TOUR of Remodeled Homes, scheduled for Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18, 2014.
TOUR attendees can receive $2 off the regular admission price of $7 when they bring two non-perishable food items to the first location they visit.
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. Approximately 84 cents of every dollar spent is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide.
In the Milwaukee area during 2013, more than 723,000 people were served, with over 300,000 meals provided to more than 40,000 people. Shelter was made available to 1,000 individuals, plus assistance was given to help them find jobs.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes, sponsored by Kohler Co., First Supply, a leading Kohler wholesale distributor, VerHalen, The Pella Window Store, and Hallmark Building Supplies, Inc., is from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days. The TOUR allows attendees to visit 21 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin. The project list is as follows:
• Advantage Carpentry and Remodeling: Second Story Master Suite Addition and Kitchen Remodel • 5108 N. Idlewild Avenue • Whitefish Bay
• Allen Kitchen & Bath: Kitchen Remodel • 2047 N. 85th St. • Wauwatosa
• B & E General Contractors: Kitchen/Family Room/Bathroom Renovations • 10327 N. Versailles Court • Mequon
• Burback Builders: Kitchen Remodel • 18345 Midland Place • Brookfield
• Cream City Construction/Louis Anthony Custom Cabinetry (team entry): Whole House Remodel • 5830 N. Shore Drive • Whitefish Bay
• Design Group Three: Kitchen Remodel • 2930 N. Marietta Avenue • Milwaukee
• Froze′ Design-Build: Two-Story Addition • 4512 N. Cramer Street • Whitefish Bay
• GMH Construction: Kitchen Remodel • 1980 Jan Avenue • Waukesha
• J&J Contractors I: Interior and Exterior Whole House Remodel • 7069 Darnell Lane • Greendale
• S.J. Janis Company: Master Suite and Family Room Addition • 5011 N. Idlewild Avenue • Whitefish Bay
• Joseph Douglas Homes and Remodeling: Master Bath Addition • 9021 N. Greenvale Road • Bayside
• Kowalske Kitchen & Bath: Kitchen and Powder Room Remodel • W327 N3883 Wooded Lane • Delafield
• NuStone Transformations: Kitchen and Two Bathrooms Remodel • W232 S6113 Charles Drive • Waukesha
• Pekel Construction & Remodeling: Family Room and Mudroom Addition with Kitchen and Powder Room Remodel • 7813 Mary Ellen Place • Wauwatosa
• Quality Remodeling Specialists: Whole House Remodel • 18155 Kestrel Court • Brookfield
• Refined Renovations: Kitchen, Laundry, Mudroom, and Powder Room Remodel • 21340 Talbots Lane • Brookfield
• Renovators Ltd.: Kitchen Remodel • 13120 Dunwoody Drive • Elm Grove
• Renovators Ltd.: Kitchen Remodel • 13145 Dunwoody Drive • Elm Grove
• Story Hill Renovations: Basement Remodel • 6119 W. Wisconsin Avenue • Wauwatosa
• Vertical Works: Whole House Remodel • 3911 E. Klieforth Avenue • Cudahy
• Woodhaven Homes Makeover: Full First Floor Remodel • W175 S7217 Lake Drive • Muskego
An added attraction for the 2014 TOUR of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a 2.5 bath and kitchen Kohler Alteo faucet package in chrome polish valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
TOUR of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Through Fri., May 16, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6