The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) announces tennis lessons in the Parks for all ages this summer. Lessons are a partnership between WPRF and the Waukesha Tennis Association, and will be held at Lowell, Buchner, and Prairie Parks.
“Each tennis court site has an adult coordinator with years of tennis expertise,” said Pat Grulke, Recreation Services Manager. “Amy Dorow, Heather Zukewich, Catherine Beres, and Jeff Mrochinski are all local educators and former college tennis players. We are fortunate to having this staff lead our lesson program.”
Lessons are designed for both the very beginning players to the more advanced. Pee Wee lessons (ages 4-7 years) follow the USTA Quick Start tennis program. Beginner lessons (ages 7-12 years) focus on the fundamentals of grips, strokes, serves and volleys. Intermediate lessons (ages 9-16 years) will further develop players’ tennis skills. Teen Beginner and Adult lessons are also available to players new or returning to the game.
Lessons begin June 16 and continue with two-week sessions throughout the summer. Lowell Park is located at 2201 Michigan Ave., Buchner Park is located at 231 Oakland Ave. and Prairie Park at 821 School Drive, Waukesha, WI. For registration and additional information, please call 262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6