FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(July 23, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Meal Delivery Drivers Needed – Sussex
Do you have extra time over the lunch hour to help deliver meals to seniors? Drivers are needed to help deliver meals to homebound senior living in Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Sussex and Waukesha. Help out weekdays from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm. Individuals, couples, friends and neighbors can do this together. Training and mileage reimbursement is provided.
Baby Shower Volunteers – Waukesha
Help us host a baby shower! The items received during the shower will go directly to innocent babies in our community. Many of the babies in our program come from disadvantaged homes where basic necessities are not "a given". Volunteers will have 2 hour shifts at our booths set up at local Pick'N Saves. The date of the event is August 1st, from 10:00am-4:00pm, and August 2nd from 10:00am-3:00pm.
Help Teach Kids how to Handle Various Emergencies – Summit
Yell and Tell Program: Do you enjoy children and want to help to keep them safe? Aurora Medical Center Summit participates in a community education program called Yell and Tell. This program teaches children what to do in case of various emergencies. We are looking for volunteers that would like to commit with learning the material and participating in educating the children. Volunteers must be 22 years or older. Training will be provided.
Volunteer Electrician - Waukesha
Share your electrician skills! An experienced person, willing to be called for occasional electrical repairs, is needed. We're looking for an adult with knowledge and experience in small electrical repairs. Duties may include: fixing fluorescent light fixtures, repairing indoor exit signs, etc. Requirements are that volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old, you will need to bring your own tools and ladder (If necessary), and a criminal background check is required.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6