Brookfield mixed media artist Cheryl Watt and painter Elaine Zale are among the 91 juried artists who will show and sell a wide variety of art Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 1 and 2, at the 23rd Annual Firefly Art Fair in Wauwatosa.
The Firefly, held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the gardens of the Kneeland-Walker House at 7406 Hillcrest Dr., attracts artists from throughout the Midwest. The art fair benefits educational programs and preservation efforts of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
Besides the art outside, many of the works created at the society’s first Plein Aire Affair outdoor painting competition July 9-16 will be exhibited inside the restored Victorian mansion, which will be open for tours.
The art fair features live music, grilled sandwiches, homemade pies and other desserts, root beer floats and beverages. Admission is $4 and is free for children 12 and younger.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6