Opus North Corporation is seeking local artists for the second phase of a public art project, which is incorporated in the new Shoppes at Fox River retail development located on Sunset Drive in the city of Waukesha. The search is being limited to artists who work and/or live in Waukesha County.
The semi-permanent exhibit is inspired in part by the CowParade held in Madison, Wisconsin. A series of six foxes, each cast in concrete and approximately three feet in height, have been completed and are on display at various locations throughout the shopping center. Artists are being sought to transform four additional sculptures, using paint and various embellishments, to reflect their unique pre-approved design concept. Participants will receive a $500 stipend to serve as compensation for time and cost of supplies.
For more information, including proposal submission forms, deadlines and requirements, please contact Lauren Silletti at 414-266-9393. Interested artists are encouraged to visit the Shoppes at Fox River to view existing works. No submissions will be accepted after September 11, 2009.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6