Michael Gutzeit, MD, currently chief medical officer at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, also has been named vice president of Quality for the hospital.
In his expanded role, Dr. Gutzeit will be focused on driving quality at the hospital and serving as a resource to coordinate clinical quality for Children’s Hospital and Health System. He will continue to oversee the departments of Clinical Transformation/Patient Safety and Patient Health Information and, he will maintain oversight for The Joint Commission readiness process.
Dr. Gutzeit graduated from Loyola University of Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, in 1985, and served as a pediatric resident at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. As a pediatrician working for Southwest Pediatrics, Dr. Gutzeit was part of the first practice to join Children’s Medical Group, a member of Children’s Hospital and Health System, in 1995. After assuming various leadership roles with the hospital’s Medical/Dental Staff, he was hired as vice president and chief medical officer of Children’s Hospital in April 2005. A board-certified pediatrician, Dr. Gutzeit also is an assistant clinical professor at The Medical College of Wisconsin.
He remains committed to his clinical practice, which focuses on providing care to patients with special needs.
Dr. Gutzeit and his wife, Nancy, reside in Brookfield, Wis.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6