What started in 1987 as a small group of pastors from the Waukesha area has grown into a mission supported by more than 100 area congregations. Cooperating Congregations of Waukesha County (CCWC) has been serving the basic needs of financial assistance, food, clothing and child care in the area for more than 20 years.
According to Rev. Ted Romberg, President of Hope Center, the new name embodies the organization’s faith-based roots and, at the same time, shouts out what the organization provides to the community. The organization doesn’t want to appear exclusive, either. The new name will be more welcoming to the many supporters and volunteers who are not part of a congregation, and Hope Center is available to anyone in the community with a need. The organization has clearly moved beyond congregational service to the community as a whole.
But according to Ralph Zick, Executive Director of Hope Center, changing the name is just the beginning. With the rise of unemployment, more and more people are in need of help and what they need is changing, as well.
Hope Center plans to continue to evolve and provide new and better solutions to handle the growing needs of the community.
Hope Center is a non-profit organization that is committed to serving people in need in Waukesha County. In 2008, Hope Center provided over 30,000 direct units of service with its nine different programs and is continually the number one referral source from 211/First Call for Help.
For more information on Hope Center and how you can give or receive help, please call 262-549-8726 or visit their Web site at www.hopecenterwi.org.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6