UW-MADISON WIND ENSEMBLE PERFORMS OUTREACH CONCERT IN BROOKFIELD
The UW-Madison Wind Ensemble will perform under the direction of Scott Teeple on Wednesday, April 28 at 7:00 p.m. at the Wilson Center in Brookfield. Admission is free, but those wishing to attend are urged to call the center’s box office in advance for tickets at (262) 781-9520. The concert will last about one hour without intermission.
The 60 members of the Wind Ensemble are primarily music majors at the School of Music, from freshmen to doctoral students. They claim a variety of career goals, from teaching music in public schools through free-lance performing and teaching at the college level. A number are from the greater Milwaukee area, including those from Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Waukesha, Cudahy, Shorewood, Oconomowoc, Delafield, Delavan, Port Washington and Kenosha.
The program includes four works: “An Outdoor Overture” by Aaron Copland, conducted by Erik Jester, graduate assistant conductor; “Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral” from “Lohengrin” by Richard Wagner, transcribed by Lucien Cailliet and conducted by Paul Bhasin, graduate assistant conductor; “Fantasy for Trombone” by Paul Creston, transcribed by J. Brubaker, featuring Mark Hetzler, associate professor of trombone at the School of Music, as soloist; and the Wisconsin premiere of “First Symphony for Band” by William Bolcom, a work that was commissioned by the UW-Madison Wind Ensemble through the Big Ten Band Directors Association.
The concert is generously sponsored by JoAnne and Donald Krause of Brookfield as the fourth annual outreach to Milwaukee-area families, presenting high-achieving students and faculty of the UW-Madison School of Music. A reception for performers and audience will follow the concert. The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center is located at 19805 W. Capitol Drive in Brookfield. For more information about the School of Music, visit music.wisc.edu or call (608) 263-1900.
Photo attached: Mark Hetzler, by Katrin Talbot
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6