Annual conference to focus on ‘Leaving a Legacy, Fingerprints on the Heart’
Abraham Lincoln once said, in the end, “it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” The board members of The-End-of-Life-Coalition of Southeastern Wisconsin are dedicated to providing educational resources directly to professionals who deal with end-of-life issues so that each death is as valuable as the person experiencing it. Each year board members collaborate efforts to host a regionally respected conference.
This year’s event will be held Wednesday, September 15, at the Marcus Majestic Theatre in Brookfield, WI. Keynote speaker Joanne Lynn serves as a Medical Officer in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Office of Clinical Standards and Quality. Her work focuses on improving the quality and value of care for persons facing terminal illness. She has published more than 250 articles and dozens of books including The Handbook for Mortals, an information and counseling guide for the public. In addition to Lynn, several other renowned experts in the field will focus on this year’s theme ‘Leaving a Legacy, fingerprints on the Heart.’
Sponsorship is still available and will focus on providers who deal with end of life issues providing networking opportunities for educating professionals.
“As a non-profit group we critically rely on the sponsorship of important organizations who find this conference as valuable and all-encompassing as we do,” Wendy Hockett, president of the End-of-Life Coalition of Southern Wisconsin said. “We are pleased to once again offer this opportunity to professionals and hope the information made available the day of the event sends a wave of resources directly to the valuable people who deal with end-of-life concerns daily.”
For more information about this event, to register, or learn more about sponsorship opportunities visit www.wnd-of-lifecoalitionsewi.org or contact Jody Mayers, vice president (262)928-7472 or (262)880-8539 (mobile).
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6