Shopping for animal lovers is easy with the Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s (ZSM’s) nature-themed gifts. An ornament modeled on Pat the Cat, the Zoo’s Belizean jaguar, will add a bit of feline elegance to any holiday tree. Fans of big cats and cute animal babies alike will love a sponsorship of the Zoo’s two Amur tiger cubs.
For a family gift, choose the Zoo Pass gift membership, which gives the recipient free admission to the Milwaukee County Zoo 365 days a year!
To order, go online at www.zoosociety.org, stop in the Zoological Society office in the Zoo, or call (414) 258-2333 anytime. The gift proceeds go toward the ZSM’s mission to conserve animals in the wild, educate people about wildlife and the environment and to support the Milwaukee County Zoo.
1) A gift sponsorship of the Zoo’s Amur tiger cubs. These baby tigers, born July 2009, are some of the most charming and engaging animals at the Zoo. This sponsorship of the Zoo’s Amur tiger cubs costs $40 and includes two plush-toy tiger cubs; information about Amur tigers; and more ($29 is tax-deductible; 5.6% WI sales tax included; shipping and handling is $5).
2) A holiday ornament of Pat the Cat, the Milwaukee County Zoo’s Belizean jaguar. Decorate your tree with Pat’s elegant image and celebrate big-cat conservation. This is the 15th year in a row that Cedarburg sculptor Andy Schumann has designed the Zoological Society’s holiday ornaments. Past ornaments range from flamingos to orangutans. You can order individual past ornaments ($14 each) or the whole collection of 18 for $216 and save $36.
3) A Zoo Pass membership gives recipients free admission to the Milwaukee County Zoo 365 days a year! Zoo Pass holders also enjoy free or discounted admission to more than 130 zoos and aquariums nationwide. Family memberships start at $59. You also can give free parking with a Family Zoo Pass Plus membership starting at $95. The holiday gift package includes a gift card, information on membership benefits, plus three coupons, each good for one Zoo-attraction ticket, AND a plush-toy animal (new gift memberships only and while supplies last). This holiday offer and prices are valid through Dec. 31, 2009.
4) The Zoological Society’s Kids Conservation Club, sponsored in part by the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin, is perfect for kids who love animals. Club membership ($20 per child) includes a certificate of sponsorship; an invitation to Animal Safari, a behind-the-scenes event at the Zoo; endangered-animal collector cards featuring fun facts about Zoo animals; the child’s name on the Conservation Club recognition board; a crafts workshop; and more.
5) Stake your claim to an animal-information sign on any continent in the Milwaukee County Zoo. These fun, colorful displays feature cool animal facts and photos. Choose everything from elephant to birds. Or consider putting the name of a loved one or a memorial name on a bench in the Zoo. (Animal signs are $1,000; benches are $2,500.)
The Zoological Society will begin mailing gifts after the Thanksgiving holiday, unless otherwise requested. To guarantee holiday delivery via the mail, the Society needs to receive orders by Dec. 10, 2009. Express mail delivery is available after Dec. 10 for a fee; call (414) 258-2333 for details.
- The Importance of Sleep
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run
- Brookfield Resident to Graduate First in Class at United States Naval Academy on May 27, 2016
- Introduction to Alzheimer’s
- Brookfield Native Member of Winning ROTC Team
- Dianne Gleixner Teaches Basketry
- Couple reaches milestone
- It's Quittin' Time Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Community Says Goodbye to A Much-Loved Member - Family man and Harley-Davidson executive loses consciousness while in flight
- Protect your Winter Landscape from Hungry Wildlife